We are in search of a hands-on and detail oriented person to join our fun, American made goods focused, leather smith team. Hours are 9-5 M-F, with the possibility of weekend hours or a more flexible schedule in the future. We have a beautiful brand new (yet old) studio/shop in the Elizabeth neighborhood off 7th Street. We’re looking for someone who is good with working with their hands and enjoys working creatively.
- Assembling/creating ColsenKeane Leather accessories and bags
- Cutting, stitching and crafting our line of American made leather goods
- Working in Google Docs and Asana, project management software
- Operating a clicker, maintaining clicker dies & hand tools
- Moving and organizing various hides, buckles, accessory hardware
Required Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience working with leather
- Experience with both machine and hand stitching
- Strong problem solving ability, thinking outside of the box at times
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with a strong sense of initiative
- Friendly and good with interacting with people/customers.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Maintain a neat and safe work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship and following directions
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- This position has physical demands due to the nature of the position and the product being handled
**Compensation is based upon experience, skills, and qualifications. Opportunities to increase pay with longevity.
**Qualified applicants will be contacted directly
Resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No in-person visits or calls please, just email resumes or CVs along with examples of your work