Though we are not currently hiring, we are always accepting resumes from prospective employees, and will review those materials when we foresee having an open position.
Would you rather work at a workbench than in a cubicle? Do you have a desire to learn an old-fashioned skill while experiencing the sense of accomplishment on a daily basis that you’ve actually MADE something with your own two hands? We are in search of a hands-on and detail oriented person to join our fun, American made goods focused, leather smith team. Hours are 9-5 Tue-Sat. We have a beautiful brand new (yet old) studio/shop in the Elizabeth neighborhood off 7th Street. Applicants do not need to have any leather crafting experience, we’re looking for someone who is good with working with their hands and enjoys working creatively. Techie experience not required- just a love for old-fashioned hand crafting and a passion for local/small business.
- Assembling/creating ColsenKeane Leather accessories and bags
- Cutting, stitching and crafting our line of American made leather goods
- operating die-cut machinery
- moving and organizing various hides
- Shipping product
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience working with leather and or fabric/upholstery preferred but not necessary
- Strong problem solving ability, thinking outside of the box at times
- MUST have experience and skill working with hands
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with a strong sense of initiative
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Most of the time this will be a full-time job and in slower seasons, it could be part time (seasonal)
- Friendly and good with interacting with people/customers.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Maintain a neat and safe work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship and following directions
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- This position has physical demands due to the nature of the position and the product being handled
**Compensation is based upon experience, skills, and qualifications. Opportunities to increase pay with longevity.
**Qualified applicants will be contacted directly
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter which tells us a little about you and your background working with your hands, to: email@example.com (no in-person visits or calls please, just email resumes or CVs).
We also offer a 10-week internship program which may interest you. You can read more about that here.